Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Upgrade: From Classic to Beacon Hill Studio Queen 8th Floor (3 room categories up)
Early Checkin: Arrived at 1PM, room was ready
Late Checkout: Checked-out at 4PM (note they did not ask at check-in and room key deactivated so had to go back down and get it extended around 1PM)
Amenity: $100 Food and Beverage Credit
Breakfast: $30 per guest (up to 2), can use at restaurant or room service

We were in the off-season but still really appreciate the large bump in room category (would have been about $150 more that night). Specifically booked a hotel that gave F&B credit as we knew we'd be having a meal in the hotel. $30 per person at breakfast seemed reasonable, food was very good.

This is a very nice hotel but it's a boutique hotel so it doesn't really have any common areas and service is a little more limited than a true luxury hotel. That being said the staff was great and the house car was a really nice amenity. Room was very nice and big, great to have the fireplace. Unfortunate they have so many queen rooms, I think a king bed would have easily fit in our room.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Langham London

Upgrade: Booked Executive Room with Club access, upgraded to beautifully renovated One Bedroom Suite on a 3 for 2 stay. I think we were the first guests to stay in the renovated room and it was spectacular (on 4th floor).
Early check-in: Arrived 2:30pm, room was ready.
Breakfast credit: Daily breakfast, including buffet, in the Palm Court for two. I ordered a side of beans with the buffet one morning, and there was no charge for it.
Amenity: £85 property credit, used on F&B and for laundry service.
Late checkout: Offered at check-in, took it and left at 3:50pm on checkout.

Renovations are gorgeous and the club lounge is rather nice, never over-crowded and with good food offerings and great service. One of the champagnes on offer was Perrier Jouet, though I valued the unlimited lattes and cappuccinos more! ^
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Originally Posted by illesus
Hello, I had two stays at Loews Montreal this year, first 2 nights in Spring and now for a day. The earlier was posted at YouFirst as a qualifying stay, but the most recent one not. Does anyone know whether I should try to correct it? Any other experiences? Thanks
Called in and cleared the problem. I received an upgrade to a suite with 2 rooms, this was the reason that manual intervention was required.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:28 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Mandarin Oriental - Boston

Rate : Lowest (Lifestyle Room Rate), booked as buy 2 nights and get 1 night free
Upgrade: From Lifestyle Room to Deluxe at time of booking, then to Mandarin Room when mentioned British Airways Executive Club Gold. All upgrades done confirmed in advance of arrival.
Early Checkin: Not applicable, arrived in the evening
Arrival drink : Signature ice-tea and sparkling water delivered on arrival to room
Late Checkout: 4pm confirmed at check-in
Amenity: $100 Spa Credit + $200 Food&Beverage Credit
Breakfast: $60 daily credit, at Bar Boulud, Boston
Spa Access : Granted to hotel guests, use of facilities even on days when you do not have a spa treatment

Very well done, small property. Seamless check-in with luggage in room before you arrive in the room. Excellent service throughout, and stellar dining from Bar Boulud. Probably one of the better in property restaurants.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Park Hyatt Washington

Upgrade: Park King to Junior Suite with City View
Early check-in: N/A Arrived on a late flight.
Breakfast: Daily $75 to spend between us at Blue Duck Tavern.
Amenity: $100 property credit.
Late check-out: 4pm confirmed but ended up leaving at around 12:30pm.

Really enjoyed our short stay here, would definitely return. Not a major fan of the room furnishings though, a bit dated without being 'classic' if that makes any sense. Bathroom was an improvement though.

Distractedly handed over a non-Amex card at checkout and was told I had to pay with Amex as this was FHR stay, this was noted by the manager who happened to be at front desk at the time. Whether this would have been enforced by the front-desk staff or not is anyone's guess.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Loews Hotel Vogue, Montreal, QC

Stayed one night at the end of November at Loews Hotel Vogue, Montreal, QC. It was my 2nd stay at this hotel in 2016.
Booked Premium 1 king bd.370 Sq ft, received a huge Executive Suite (1 King Bed, Living room with Full-size sofa bed and fireplace, Kitchenette and dining table for 6, 1.5 bathrooms, with Jacuzzi, 1,300 square feet).
Early check-in, late check-out: didn't use
Received $100 USD credit for dining and other charges.
Received $30 USD credit for 2 persons for breakfast, so I had a nice breakfast in my suite.
I highly recommend to book this FHR place, in lower season the rate can be very competitive.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:36 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I concur. It is a steal in low season coupled with strong US dollar.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
I concur. It is a steal in low season coupled with strong US dollar.
When is low season?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Fairmont Grand Del Mar

early check-in: None. Totally forgot about this and when we arrived around 2:30pm we were told check-in is at 4pm.

Upgrade: we had a Fairmont upgrade certificate in our account that I mentioned. I asked if we could use it and also mentioned the FHR upgrade. So not sure if he used the certificate but we booked a basic room and got a 1 category upgrade. Room was lovely. We were also offered another category up but didn't want a ground level floor. In any case we had to wait maybe 40 minutes for the room to be ready. Nothing in the room was personalized to us and it was a mid-week stay and the hotel wasn't full.

Breakfast was included, $50/day total

we didnt use the other benefit which was a $100 credit only to golf, spa or other activities and it couldn't be applied to parking

late check-out was offered
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAway
When is low season?
Winter.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: DL-PM; Marriott-Plat; SPG (soon RIP) - Plat, and e/t connected to AMEX Plat
Mandarin Oriental - Hong Kong

Upgrade: From City View Room to Harbour View Room 17th Floor (2 room categories up)
Early Check-in: Arrived at 12PM, room was ready, luggage brought up prior to finishing check-in
Late Checkout: Offered, not used/needed
Amenity: $100 credit to Spa (used at Salon for wife)
Breakfast: Complimentary at 2/5 breakfast rooms for 2 guests per room
WiFi: Complimentary (also complimentary from hotel directly, non-issue)

Concierge who took us to room thoroughly explained benefits and gave arrival letter from Amex explaining benefits as well
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by AspiringWorldTraveler
Upgrade: From City View Room to Harbour View Room 17th Floor (2 room categories up)
Early Check-in: Arrived at 12PM, room was ready, luggage brought up prior to finishing check-in
Late Checkout: Offered, not used/needed
Amenity: $100 credit to Spa (used at Salon for wife)
Breakfast: Complimentary at 2/5 breakfast rooms for 2 guests per room
WiFi: Complimentary (also complimentary from hotel directly, non-issue)

Concierge who took us to room thoroughly explained benefits and gave arrival letter from Amex explaining benefits as well
nice upgrade
didn't know that concierge bring guests to room
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Lifetime Gold/Some Years Platinum
Raffles Dubai 1/6/17 - 1/12/17

Upgrade: Upgraded to Club Floor w/Lounge Access
Early Checkin: N/A - Arrived at midnight.
Late Checkout: N/A - Also left at midnight.
Amenity: $100 Resort Credit - Used on Spa and on Room Service. Removed at checkout. Was applied for each room on a 2-room booking.
Breakfast: Extremely elaborate buffet in Azur restaurant with table service. Price outside of FHR is over $30/person.

Concierge was extremely helpful with planning sight-seeing and excursions.

Well-situated near airport and major roads, but away from the clog-up around the Burj and the Marina areas.

Highly recommended.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:40 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Enchantment Resort Sedona

Upgrade: Studio Casita to Junior Suite Casita 1000SF
Early check-in: Arrived 1:45
Breakfast: Daily $60 ($30 pp) may be used for Room Service
Amenity: $100 Spa Credit
Late check-out: 4pm confirmed
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt Regency Tamaya

Upgrade: refurbished room with mountain view
Early check-in: used (arrived around 1pm)
Late check-out: offered, not used
Breakfast: full breakfast in Santa Ana Cafe for 2
Amenity: $100 resort credit

This was a very satisfying 1-night stay. Service was outstanding in all aspects. The renovated room was *just* renovated (still had a new paint smell). Food in the main restaurant was excellent. The property is very well-kept and includes a pleasant walking trail along the Rio Grande.

Note that many, but not all, of the rooms have full balconies (mine did not), so if that is a priority make sure you confirm it when being assigned a room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.